Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Introduction

Hello, my name is Laura Devey. I am a graduating senior majoring in English Subject Matter and pursuing a career in public secondary education. My passion is to work with disadvantaged youth in intercity Los Angeles. Another passion of mine, however cliche, is traveling. This past summer I spent three weeks in Tokyo, Japan and Koh Samui, Koh Phangan, and Phuket, Thailand. This upcoming summer I will spend in Paris, Amsterdam, Prague, and Berlin. I have also been making yearly trips to visit family in the countryside of Birmingham, England, as I am a dual American-British citizen. In my spare time, which is hard to come by as a full-time student, I dabble in painting (acrylics) and creative writing (young adult literature). Kap Kun Ka!

2 comments:

  1. Hey Laura, Im glad we have more than one class in common. Hope to hear from you often. I like the style of your blog by the way

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Missy-- You are so grown up in your blog posts! I know something only your elderly Aunt would say...

    ReplyDelete